We would like to invite you to a little quiz about our work in the sunken cities off the coast of Egypt. Taking part is easy: You just have to answer the following five questions (Tip: the correct answers are all to be found on the franckgoddio.org website).
1. How deep underwater are the remains of Thonis-Heracleion?
2. Which Roman emperor had parts of Canopus rebuilt in his villa near Rome?
3. What technical equipment do we use to determine the probable location of archaeological remains? Name three devices.
4. What was the final venue of the touring exhibition Osiris, Egypt’s Sunken Mysteries?
5. What is the name of the island in the ancient Portus Magnus of Alexandria where we found the remains of a palace and an Isis temple?
THE PRIZE: 10 winners will be drawn from the entrants who have answered all the questions correctly. They receive a free copy of the coffee table book Diving to the Pharaohs - Franck Goddio's Discoveries in Egypt.
TIMING: Please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 23rd of April and let us know whether, as a winner, you would like to have an English, French or German copy of the book. The winners will be notified via email.
We hope you enjoy the quiz and good luck to you all!